cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how do you specify a string with advanced-balance url?

eleibowitz
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure a CSS 11501 to send requests with a specific string in the URL to a specific server. How and where I would specify the string? The documentation, as far as I can tell, mentions that it can be done but does not show how. Any input is greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

service www1

ip address x.x.x.1

string Server1

active

service www1

ip address x.x.x.2

string Server2

active

content test

add service test

vip address z.z.z.z

protocol tcp

port 80

url "/*"

advanced-balance url

string prefix "goto="

string range 1 to 1000

string process-length 6

active

Syed

Syed, thanks for the quick response. If I understand this correctly, the CSS will look for the strings "Server1" or "Server2" in the URL, within 1000 bytes after "goto=". Is that correct? The documentation is not clear on the 'string process-length' command, so can you possibly explain that?

Thanks again,

Eliot

CSS will look for the server id within 1000 bytes (string range 1 to 1000 --- By defaukt CSS looks into first 100 bytes)

It will look for the string prefix (goto=) and then string process-length command is used to find the server ID after the prefix (how many bytes-- 6 in this case, after the end of prefix designated by the string prefix)

Thanks again, Syed. Now it makes sense, but I was digging more into the documentation and found a simpler way to accomplish this.

service webServer1

ip address 10.1.1.1

keepalive type http

active

service webServer2

ip address 10.1.1.2

keepalive type http

active

content webServers

add service webServer1

add service webServer2

balance aca

vip address 10.2.2.1

protocol tcp

active

content fileServer

add service webServer1

vip address 10.2.2.1

protocol tcp

url “/files/*”

active

The idea being that most requests will get load-balanced between both web servers, but if the URL starts with "/files/", then only webServer1 will receive the requests.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: