TAPS help

Unanswered Question
Apr 30th, 2008

Hi,

I am looking to utilize TAPS for rolling out CUCM installations for new customers.

Do you need to configure a Cisco IP IVR/IP AA server for TAPS to work? I do not really want to take out a server out to a customer's site each time we roll out an IPT project.

So far l have configured the following -

1. Created Dummy Mac-Addresses for IP Phones

2. Installed phones via BAT

3. Enabled auto registration via (System > Cisco CallManager)

a. Auto registration range is 1000 to 1100

4. Created a CTI Route Point of 1111

a. Not showing as registered on CUCM

5. Created a CTI Port of 1112

a. Not showing as registered on CUCM

6. Created an end user & associated this with the CTI RP & Port - CTI enabled

*** If l put a call forward on either the CTI RP or Port, l can call another Auto Registered Phone ***

If l try and call the CTI RP or Port l get fast busy....

Is this because the "Cisco IP IVR/IP AA server" is not set-up, or is something missing?

Any pointers or to say that l do need to set-up a "Cisco IP IVR/IP AA server" for TAPS to work.

Thanks,

James

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rob.huffman Wed, 04/30/2008 - 05:27

Hi James,

I always hate being the bearer of bad news but, you are correct :( TAPS will require a seperate CRS/IPCC server in each case. Of course this used to be able to be a built-in function using a co-resident CCM/CRS build but no longer now that CCM 5.x and 6.x are using Linux.

Sorry man but I hope this helps!

Rob

JAMES WEST Wed, 04/30/2008 - 05:47

Hi Rob,

I thought that might be the outcome!!!

I have seen a few forum notes that mention you can use VM Ware with OS 2003 if you are working with CCM 6.X. Do you know if this is the case?

Also when it talks about pointing the CTI RP to the operator, is that the DDI number you have created in the CTI Port?

Thanks,

James

rob.huffman Wed, 04/30/2008 - 15:02

Hi James,

Yes, that is a sad outcome! I don't think IPCC can be installed on OS 2003 but more likely 2000.4.5a or something similar.

Can you send the link with this clip about pointing the CTI RP. I'm not sure in this context what is being referred to.

Rob

rob.huffman Thu, 05/01/2008 - 04:26

Hi James,

You know, I have always preferred BAT :) More control and less user input (sometimes a great thing) Nothing that a good Barcode scanner can't fix.

This reference;

"Also when it talks about pointing the CTI RP to the operator, is that the DDI number you have created in the CTI Port?"

Speaks to users calling the CTI RP when it is unavailable and routing to a centralised operator for live service (call forward no answer, and call forward on failure). Someone who could let the user know what the TAPS status might be. I don't know anyone who ever used this but you never know when it might have come in handy in a pinch.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion