Helpful
Replies

WAE 512/612 Activity

Julien NELKIN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Here below you can find my problem:

- I have a network with one WAE Manager and 8 WAE Client that are correct registered on my WAE Manager.

- I also have a server that collect snmp traps

- I configured all my WAE and they send correctly the config Traps to my server (CiscoConfigManEvent Trap).

- This morning I receive a total of 31.500 event trap on my server.

So I changed the config of my WAE and they now don't send config traps.

So that's OK, I haven't all configs traps on my server.

But my problem is to understand why WAE in internal change often their config ?

Thanks for your help

Julien

7 Replies 7

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Julien,

What were the configuration changes? The CM is responsible for keeping the individual WAE configurations in sync, and those changes would be logged the same as changes through the CLI.

Zach

Yes, I understand that it needs to log all config changes.

But in my environment, I consider that I have none CM config changes.

What is the period of config synchronisation between a WAE and the CM ?

If I launch a config on my WAE, there is a wr mem done no ? So If I reboot my WAE, there are no sync to do all times.

My server receives traps has received 31500 traps in 4 hour. Is it normal ?

Each WAE will contact the CM every 5 minutes to check for configuration changes. In addition, when changes are made on the CM, they are immediately pushed based on resource availability.

Can you tell me what aspect of the configuration keeps changing?

Thanks,

Zach

Hi,

I can't tell you what parameter of configuration change because I don't know.

In fact, I can see on my server always the same trap : configuration change

I understand that the CM must contact WAE. But I have this behaviour when none configuration change is done.

You consider that the CM make no action of configuration change. And I have always the same trap. I don't understand.

I can stop the snmp trap in the configuration on WAE but I want to understand why there is this trap and no action is done.

Thanks for your help

If you set the system log level to 'debug', the exact configuration changes will be logged there.

Zach

Yes but If I don't make any changes, none configuration changes syslog should appears.

And Traps mustn't be sent.

No ?

Changes made by the CM also appear as user-initiated changes. We need to see what those changes are to understand why they are happening.

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: