Difference between 2700W-DC and PWR-2700-DC/4

Unanswered Question
Apr 30th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi all,

I am having a doubt in configuration of 7604 router.

I was preparing BOM of Cisco 7604 with Single Supervisor and Dual power supply. Now question is why do I have to select 2700W-DC part number. Secondly in the final output of BOM, I could see PWR-2700-DC/4 mentioned twice once with price of $3500, and second time with price of $0. So the question is if this two indicates the Dual power supply, then what is significance of 2700W-DC part number?

And What is the difference between 2700W-DC and PWR-2700-DC/4? Ofcourse there is a price difference, as first one costs $500 and later on costs 3500.

For your reference, i am attching the BOM.. Please go through it and provide me an answer for this as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Jaganmohan Chowdam

Attachment: 
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Sushil Kumar Katre Wed, 04/30/2008 - 05:06
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Hi Jagamohan,

The reason behind this is because you have selected a redundant power supply. for that power supply you are charged $3500.

2700W-DC is the dummy part number for the power supply. That's the reason you find another part number PWR-2700-DC/4 as a zero cost item.

I have attached the oM for you without the redundant power supply and line cards. Have a look at the included column.

Let me know if you still need any clarity.

-> Sushil

Attachment: 

Actions

This Discussion