Views
Helpful
Replies

RA VPN - Clients cannot connect

steve0miller
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Folks,

In a lab, I've used the ASDM VPN wizard to apply the settings for a Remote Access VPN. The problem is that the clients cannot connect, they get this error:

713902 Group = RemoteVPN, IP = 192.168.3.2, Removing peer from peer table failed, no match!

713903 Group = RemoteVPN, IP = 192.168.3.2, Error: Unable to remove PeerTblEntry

713902 Group = RemoteVPN, IP = 192.168.3.2, Removing peer from peer table failed, no match!

713903 Group = RemoteVPN, IP = 192.168.3.2, Error: Unable to remove PeerTblEntry

Attached is a simple diagram of my lab network, and the config of my ASA 5505 firewall. Can anyone see where I've made my mistake?

Thanks,

SM

3 Replies 3

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

The error message may be due to one of the following reasons:

1)The duplicate events are generated whenever a tunnel is torn down prematurely,

generally during the initial negotiation which causes.

2)Remote VPN peer may try to establish a VPN tunnel, the remote site may not have disabled the

VPN tunnel.Try disabling the vpn tunnel at the remote site.

The issue is likely that IKE is not coming up. I had the same issue because I was using AES-128/SHA and when I switched it to 3DES/SHA, the problem went away.

This could be due to ISAKMP policies of AES with SHA not supported on VPN client.

Try to make it work with minimum possible policies as suggested above like 3DES/SHA/Group2

HTH

Saju

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: