cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vista Firewall Qst.

okonitecisco
Level 1
Level 1

Our company will soon crossover to Vista.

We install VPN client 5.0 on our remote laptops so users may tunnel in to our Cisco 3000 Concentrator.

The concentrator is set to use the integrated firewall from the VPN Client Firewall Policy tab.

A connection is made by installing the 3 Zone Alarm files in Windows/System 32 on the client Vista laptop.

Everything works but how secure is this? I'm just tricking the concentrator into thinking I have a firewall right? Is the Vista firewall good enough? What would the experts do? I really don't want to install a full version of Zone Alarm.

Does Cisco plan to release a "Stateful" firewall in future releases that will support Vista?

Thank you in advance.....

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

I think that Stateful Firewall Not Supported on Vista VPN Client as of now.Have the VPN appliance administrator either disable the firewall policy or create a new group that doesn't require the firewall to be enabled.Since the Vista VPN Client does not incorporate a built in firewall, customers connecting to a head end that requires the firewall will not be able to connect.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: