cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO PRODUCT ADVISER

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

The new beta Cisco Product Adviser allows you to specify product parameters (for example, for routers: environment, LAN port density, and features). It then quickly shows a matching list of products that you can compare in an easy-to-read online table.

See It in Action

What do you think about the Product Adviser concept? Is it useful? Are there places on Cisco.com where you would like to see it? Do you think the idea should evolve into something different? Discuss and vote on this feature now.

12 Replies 12

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Folks,

I just took a quick "test drive" through the ISR section of the Product Advisor and I thought it was pretty cool! I did like how it populated components as config requirements changed. I can see this being pretty popular if connected to areas like the Support pages. It was also nice that the links went to Data Sheets and not complete "sales" glossy's.

I would give it a nice vote but the system won't currently let me ;-)

Thanks for this,

Rob

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I checked the security (firewall) section, it seems pretty good. However I would suggest to show the 'differences' among products in a different color/highlight to facilitate faster and better comparisons. For example if I compare the ASA 5520 AIP-SSM-10 and AIP-SSM-20 models, the IPS throughput row should be represented differently than the other rows.

Regards

Farrukh

The tool is indeed very helpful. I have shared this link with some people recently and they found it very useful in selecting the correct product as per their requirements.

I have gone trough the Security section, as of now it is ok and saves a lot of time and efforts in getting product comparisons.

Also it would be better if you could add the Email and Web security Appliances (Ironport) comparisons.

Thanks,

Dhananjoy

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

I just wanted to let eveyone know all your feedback has been passed along to the Product Advisor team for consideration.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

This is a very nice tool - saves a lot of time searching through the product data sheets. I did find one small bug in the switch part though, as anytime I select a topology I get this:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'Topology'.

/ProductAdvisor/showswitches.asp, line 337

Could be the PC I'm using at the moment tho'

Andrew.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

There was a mispelling of an argument which was causing the error under Topology section. Now, it has been fixed.

Enjoy the tool !!

Thanx & Regards,

Nisha Sukheja

w_basheer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello;

It's pretty nice..

Is this the final version of it? or just launched ?

I believe more, deep features can be added to enhance this.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Very nice and very useful.

paul_erion
Level 1
Level 1

This seems like a very nice idea ... but when I tried to use it for advice on an access point there didn't appear to be any way to select the 802.11n standard

Brett Hodgden
Level 1
Level 1

Has Product Advisor been abandoned?  I find references to the tool, but all the different links seem invalid.  I'm looking at MLPPP T1 capacity for ISRG2 and i found a TDM T1 Capacity chart, but no such chart for MLPPP T1 recommended limits based on model.

Thanks,

Yes.  It'b been abondoned.  The business unit responsible of this application may have been disbanded/dissolved.

Joan Rozas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

...I remember product advisor, but now I can't find it available.

(??)

Regards!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links