cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clear all logs in CUCM 6.x?

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is there a way to clear all logs in CUCM 6.x? Someone turned logging and it's clogged my disk space. I want to delete all log files

I know in the CLI i can do file delete, but after that, there are no instructions.

RTMT is worthless.

thanks!

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi Tommer

one of the many things we cannot do easily on this new release, but here's a shortcut for you:

on the cli do

file list activelog /cm/trace/*

this will give you all the folders for the traces, if you do:

file list activelog /cm/trace/ccm/sdi/*

you will see all of your CUCM SDI traces, now to delete them:

file delete activelog /cm/trace/ccm/sdi/* noconfirm

you will delete all of the traces in there, do not forget the noconfirm, otherwise you will be asked if you're sure you want to delete for EVERY file.

guess this will give you the general idea of what to do for all the tracing that was active and you want to delete, how to find it and how to delete it

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks much! I will try it!

So do I need go into every single directory and do this to delete? There is no blanket way to delete all traces/logs?

unfortunately no, that's the fastest way to do it.

it's the equivalent of getting into the folder and doing a CTRL+A and then supr in older windows versions. also that's the only way the file delete command will let you delete the files. =(

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Ok, I found another way to do this. Much easier.

Trace Collections, then select them all, delete.

Can you post here the other way you followed please ?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: