Views
Helpful
Replies

support for ip phone 7942

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi friends,

I have a cluster of 2 Cisco CallManager (4.1.3 SR1, OS image 2000.4.3a) and like to configure a Cisco IP 7942. I don't have in my device list this model. So, the first step is to find out a device-pack to install. I was wondering if this device pack (Cisco Unified CallManager Device Package 4.1(65.0)), that I guess is the first one that starts supporting 7942, works fine for my cluster, and if somebody already used it successfully.

Some advices?

Regards,

-- adrián.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Product Compatibility - General

Q. What Cisco Unified Communications Manager release is required for the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7962G and 7942G models?

A. The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7962G and 7942G models require one of the following releases at minimum: Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.1(3)sr5b, 4.2(3)sr2b, 4.3(1), 5.1(1)b, 5.1(2), or 6.0(1).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps8536/prod_qas0900aecd80699c20.html

install the required release and the latest devpack and you should be fine

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi friend,

Thanks for your reply. I have a question: do i have to upgrade necessarily to 4.1(3)sr5b?

I saw in the release notes for Device Package 4.1(65.0) that is compatible with 4.1(3)sr1.

Take a look to Compatibility Matrix and Supported Upgrades in this doc:

http://download-sj.cisco.com/cisco/crypto/3DES/voice/callmgr/4.1/ciscocm.4-1-DevPack-65.readme.htm

Advice me what should I do, please.

Regards,

-- adrián.

the devpack is indeed compatible with SR1, but you need the combination of a minimum SR and a minimum devpack for the phone support.

in this case the minimum SR is SR5b

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi friend,

I saw that CCM4.1(3) Service Release 6 have firmware support for 7942/7962 and it does not require an installation of a DevicePack.

Do you think its better to apply this configuration instead of SR5b + DevicePack.

Regards,

-- adrián.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: