Views
Helpful
Replies

CTIOS Failure: IPCC Error [12005]Login could not be performed

mesumbeslin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've added 4 new phones to my callmanager cluster for my contact center hosted but the agents aren't able to login to the CTI agent desktops connected to these instruments.Login attempts bring the following error:

'CTIOS Failure: IPCC

Error [12005]Login could not be performed - Possible causes

are Invalid Instrument; Media Termination Problem or other CM

issue'

yet evrything seems to be alright.Any help will be appreciated.

23 Replies 23

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

1. Check that the ICM JTAPI user has the phones associated to that user.

2. Check that the device targets are correctly added to ICM with the correct configuration string /devtype ciscophone /dn

Regards,

Geoff

Hi All,

We have PCCE setup for one of our customers, Here we are experiencing CTI login issue. Scenario follows.

• We have unplugged & replugged some of the Phones for network activty, Post that agents cant login to the CTI Client with Invalid Instrument error, Error #12005(No issues in Phone register)
  • In order to fix the issue, We have disassociated & reassociated the MAC address in the PG users.

Is this a normal behaviour or any Bug or any permanent solution for this issue.?

PCCE :9.0.3

CUCM: 9.1

Phone: 6921

Regards,

Alag

ppattni_tx
Level 1
Level 1

Try associating the device with PG User in CM.

I could have sworn I had associated those devices with the JTAPI user.Upon double checking,they weren't.Thanks guys

ppattni_tx
Level 1
Level 1

did you associate user to pg user in ccm?

Yes, that's were you do it, in ccm.

david

Hi All,

We have PCCE setup for one of our customers, Here we are experiencing CTI login issue. Scenario follows.

• We have unplugged & replugged some of the Phones for network activty, Post that agents cant login to the CTI Client with Invalid Instrument error, Error #12005(No issues in Phone register)
  • In order to fix the issue, We have disassociated & reassociated the MAC address in the PG users.

Is this a normal behaviour or any Bug or any permanent solution for this issue.?

PCCE :9.0.3

CUCM: 9.1

Phone: 6921

Regards,

Alag

Hi all,

This also happens to us for different customers, and it's only get solved by re-associating the phone with the app user on CUCM. Can anyone help us with the root cause, official bug ID, and if there is permanent solution?

I think it will be better should You will write to the TAC on this issue, the problem is known, I had it myself but sporadic. It may be many Reasons, bad ip phone, network problems, etc

Hi, thanks for your feedback. The whole idea is that it is happens very randomly and rarely to track it. I am just checking if it's CUCM/JTAPI related or special phones series or PIM/CTI issue and if there is justification what happens and why re-associating makes it work perfectly

Hi, thanks for your feedback. The whole idea is that it is happens very randomly and rarely to track it. I am just checking if it's CUCM/JTAPI related or special phones series or PIM/CTI issue and if there is justification what happens and why re-associating makes it work perfectly

Hi ,

Last option check  phone  configuration page  - Common device configuration

IP Addressing mode use : IPV4 only   .  otherwise can you share CG and Jtapi logs .

Thanks & Regards,

S. Ramamoorthy 

Regards,
Ram.S

hi Ram,

error 12005 loging could not be performed - possible cause are Invalid instrumrnt: media termination problem or other CM issue

i have done deassociation and reassociation from PG user couple of time and still facing same issue, even i tried this EMID with different phone as well still have same error.

any idea

Hello,

Do you have this issue for all the agents or just some of them?

Make sure that max number of concurrent calls per line is 1 and make sure they are ipv4 only configured on phone configuration

If you need help to check any of them let me know

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: