Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-3550-24-EMI RPS Options

jacob.botha
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo

I have postes a conversation before, but have done some digging, I can not find out if the switch I have does reqiure a rps to bring up the Fastehternet interfaces , I have done a "show env" and the power seems ok, the led light on sytem and rps is amber but not flashing which acording to the doc/cd means I need to take the rps out of standby mode,I have no rps connected, could this maybe be the problem.Is there a command to bypass the rps and use internal power supply only?

Thanks for reading:-)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You don't need an RPS, they are used for power supply redundancy and are not needed for switch operation. If you have an amber light, there is probably an issue and I would suggest opening a TAC case.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You don't need an RPS, they are used for power supply redundancy and are not needed for switch operation. If you have an amber light, there is probably an issue and I would suggest opening a TAC case.

Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco