cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

limit bandwidth to each customer

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all. I have a question that I think may not be uncommon. I have several customers that are connected into my dataceneter. I was wanting to limit each of their connection into our network, to regulate our own bandwidth. I would want to setup something to regulate maybe for example, 1 meg for one customer, 2 meg for a second customer, 3 meg for a third, and so on. Is it possible to do this on one interface of a router? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

3 Replies 3

cisco_lad2004
Level 5
Level 5

it all depends how are the customers terminated.

if they each have a dedicated physical port or vlan, you can apply a policy map.

this can be done outbound / inbound.

HTH

Sam

Yeah, they would be vpn'ing into our firewall (ASA), and we forward on appropriately. Can you rate according to each vpn?

I don't have much experience with FWs, but depending on how u are configured, this document shows few examples.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a008084de0c.shtml

HTH

Sam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card