cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3015 Concentrator - vpn in

wgranada1
Level 1
Level 1

Quick question here what does it mean when a user get to Contacting the security gateway 10.10.10.10 but never passes this point they time out eventually and that is the last thing they see when they attempt to VPN in

4 Replies 4

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

It is posible connection issue between the client and your vpn gateway, have you seen the logs on the concentrator to see if the client is actually reaching the gateway? ask the client what IP they are comming from and look at the vpn realtime log.

Is this problem with just one client or many clients?

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Actually this is a problem with one person who has a vpn client on there laptop that is trying to vpn in. No one else has any issues and I can vpn in with no issues. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything as I to believe it is something on there side or with the ISP they are using.

pharris
Level 1
Level 1

From this output it appears that your clients are trying to connect to the inside interface of your VPN GW, if they are remote clients then they must connect to your outside(public) interface before authentication if this is so then it is simple client profile misconfig.

Warren

I have seen symptoms such as you describe when the user VPN client was configured with a group ID and group password but the group ID or password was not correct. I would suggest that you work with this user and go through the VPN client config. Make sure that the group ID and password are erased and entered again (be especially careful about upper case and lower case in the group ID as well as password).

There is some possibility that it might be an issue with the ISP. I have sometimes seen symptoms like this that were resolved by going into the VPN client config, into the transport tab, and changing the transport between UDP and TCP. If re-entering the group ID and password does not resolve the issue then you might want to change the transport.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick