Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUSM 1040 sensors

We have Cisco Unified Service Monitor, when I plugged the 1040 sensor to the 3560 Gig Switch, it connected just fine by giving me an IP address and registering to the Service Monitor. But when I connect the same sensor to a 3550 PoE switch, the sensor continuously reboots. Not quite sure what is happenning here.

5 Replies 5

Hi,

I will install Cisco 1040 sensor today, I red Cisco 1040 installation guide but I didn't understand.

Cisco 1040 sensor --Straight Cable-- Switch (with PoE) ---- straight cable --- my PC

How do you learn Cisco 1040 sensor's IP address ?

Thanks,

Try running "sh cdp neigh det" on the connected switch to get the ip addr of the sensor.

Posted from my mobile device.

Thank you for your response,

But I wrote "show cdp neigh detail" on the connected switch but 1040 sensor didn't work & no ip address.

Upon further investigation I learned that the 1040 Sensor does not

use CDP.

Therefore, to find the IP address of the 1040 Sensor I recommend.

1. Determine the current status of the 1040 sensor based on the LED behavior as described in the following doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_unified_service_monitor/2.0/quick/guide/1040qsg.html#wp35450

2. As long as the LED is either solid yellow, solid green, or flashing green, you should be able to check the leases on your DHCP server to determine the IP address assigned to the 1040 Sensor based on its MAC address retrieved from the sticker on the bottom on the sensor or remotely via the connected switch. (ex. "show mac-address-table int gigabitEthernet 0/10" where "0/10" is the switch port to which the 1040 Sensor port 1 is connected.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: