cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to network pinting using Cisco VPN throughout an ADSL gateway

csandoval1mx
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody. I've installed in a small office a 2wire ADSL gateway to navigate to the Internet. The gateway provides the IP 192.168.1.254, and we're using a printer which IP is 192.168.1.30. Everything works well until we use the Cisco VPN Client. At that point I have a second adapter with a different IP provided by the VPN connection, and I can reach those remote services which require the VPN connection, but I lost the local services including the printer. If I want to use the printer I have to disconnect the VPN client. Without the VPN I can reach the printer's by a ping. Once I'm in the VPN, the IP cannot be reached by the ping. What can I do?

2 Replies 2

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

This is a feature of the vpn. The vpn must be set up to "allow local lan" access. This would be set up on the vpn endpoint, not on your computer.

Does it means that once I'm connected to the VPN I will lost communication with the local LAN services?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: