cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

h323 gateway registration with CCM 6

blackhat2020
Level 1
Level 1

hi.i have very strange problem.im tring to add a h323 gateway to ccm6 i have created every thing(device pool,CCM group,region,date/time) and any thing that should be done befor adding a h323 gateway and i have configured my gateway with this commands:gateway,voice class h323 1-->h225 timeout tcp establish 3 . whene i want to add this device as a gateway in device name i enter device ip address and i set other parameters such as device pool and so on.whene its done in the gateway list may device ip address is UNKNOWN and my device status is UNKNOWN too... why this is!? please help me ..do i need more configuration on my gateway or...

19 Replies 19

H.323 gateways do not register with the call manager, so the status will always show as "unknown".

H.323 uses a peer-to-peer model. You perform most of the configuration through the IOS software on the voice gateway device. With the peer-to-peer model, Call Manager does not have control over the gateway, which limits the Call Manager feature support on H.323 gateways. For example, H.323 gateways do not support call survivability, and only devices that support H.323 version 2 (H.323v2) can take advantage of CallManager supplementary services, suck as hold, transfer, and conference features. However, H.323 gateways support additional IOS features outside of CallManager that other gateways do not, such as call admission control, fractional PRI support, FXO caller-ID support, NFAS signaling, and Cisco Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST).

taken from Authorized Self Study Guide Cisco IP Telephony (CIPT) Cisco Press

Hope that helped.

thanks.but another question.what about ip phones?! im trying too add theme else but after seting all parameters and phone mac address i get UNKNOWN for ip phone.truth is im using soft phone so do i need any configuration dor ephone on gateeway router to force the phone to register with CCM(i mean CCM not CCME,i did it well)but with geting register the ephone with ccm i got this problem.thanks.im waiting...

The IP phones should register with the call manager, even though the h.323 gateway doesnt.

Can you post the config of your gateway by any chance?

CCM-GW#sh runn

Building configuration...

Current configuration : 870 bytes

!

version 12.4

service timestamps debug datetime msec

service timestamps log datetime msec

no service password-encryption

!

hostname CCM-GW

!

boot-start-marker

boot-end-marker

!

!

no aaa new-model

memory-size iomem 5

ip cef

!

!

!

voice class h323 1

h225 timeout tcp establish 3

!

!

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0

duplex auto

speed auto

!

interface FastEthernet0/1

ip address 11.11.11.1 255.255.255.0

duplex auto

speed auto

!

interface FastEthernet1/0

no ip address

shutdown

duplex auto

speed auto

!

router ospf 100

log-adjacency-changes

network 10.10.10.0 0.0.0.255 area 0

network 11.11.11.0 0.0.0.255 area 0

!

!

ip http server

no ip http secure-server

!

!

!

control-plane

!

!

gateway

timer receive-rtp 1200

!

!

!

!

line con 0

line aux 0

line vty 0 4

!

!

end

CCM is on fa 0/0 and ephone is on a computer that connects to router via fa 0/1

Is the call manager providing dhcp services, do you have a voice vlan configured? Of course you know that the MAC address for the softphone is going to be the MAC address of the NIC card in your PC. Your config appears to be incomplete as far as getting the phones to register.

ok.when i want to register ephone with ccm i put the mac address of ephone with ephone 1,ephone-dn and other configurations and then walla!! ephone get registers.but here is the thing when i want to add ephone to ccm directly not to CME then should i use ephone command on gateway or not if not then why is my configuratin incomplete?!?! thanks

If you want the phone to register with CCM, the configuration of the phone is done in the CCM. But my question to you is, where are the phones getting their IP address from? I dont see any dhcp scope configured on your router, so I can only assume that the phone will get its IP address from the dhcp scope configured on the call manager, if you have one configured. If not, you need to have a dhcp scope configured on the gateway.

i said im using Ephone so i say-->the ephones ip address is computer nic ip address.is this true or no?!am i wrong?thanks

ephone is CME terminology, and yes, you are correct, the softphone ip is the same as the computer ip...my bad, i forgot you were using IP communicator....where in the phone registration process does it stop (configuring vlan, configuring IP, etc)??

i didnt configured any vlan on router .my ephone is instaled on a pc and that pc in connected to fa 0/1 problem is when i try to add the phone and when i give the mac address in phones list my 7960 ephone status is unknown and ip address of the ephone is unknown to? why is this? ccm cant find ephone ip address based on mac address that i gave it??!!

What exactly kind of softphone is this? is is Cisco soft phone, cisco IP communicator, etc?

it is blue ip phone.it is full functional.i can register it with cme but with ccm no.ccm dosent get ephone ip address.i dont know why?

Im assuming you are using a windows box, try turning windows firewall off if it is on. Oh, also check the settings of your softphone and see what it has configured for TFTP server.

it is windows but firewall is tottaly off.ok after this information exchange and taking your time,with this information that im using ephone and that was my gateway configuration did i mised something?do i need any thing else to configure on gateway or ccm???thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: