cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Express - Call Transfers

cpartsenidis
Level 1
Level 1

I've got CCME 4 setup and running on a router and experiencing problems with call transfers, so I'd like some input whether my scenario is possible or not.

I answer an incoming call on my 7941 and would like to transfer it to an external line, so I hit the 'Transfer' button and then select the 'New Call' softkey, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I'm only allowed to transfer it to an internal extension, or resume the call.

Should I be able to transfer an answered call to a external phone number ?

I should also note that I haven't configured any dspfarm as yet.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, first of all, when transferring calls, after pressing transfer, just enter the digits. If you want to blind transfer, once you hear ringback, just hangup or press tranfer again. If you want to consult first, wait for answer, then hangup or press transfer again.

Then, to transfer to external number, you need to configure one or more transfer-pattern under telephony service, that matches the numbers you're allowed to transfer to.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, first of all, when transferring calls, after pressing transfer, just enter the digits. If you want to blind transfer, once you hear ringback, just hangup or press tranfer again. If you want to consult first, wait for answer, then hangup or press transfer again.

Then, to transfer to external number, you need to configure one or more transfer-pattern under telephony service, that matches the numbers you're allowed to transfer to.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried adding the external number to the transfer pattern and it worked.

Cheers,

moahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris, you had asked a question earlier on the SMB UC forum and I wanted to get back to you with an update.

I tested on a 7931 and I was able to toggle between multiple lines by scrolling with the blue navigation key while calls were active. You will need to scroll rapidly to catch the call before it gets forwarded to vm, but it works. Only other option I can think of is to use UCC client to see screen pop for incoming calls, but with multiple incoming calls that could be difficult to use as well.

ephone 8

device-security-mode none

video

mac-address 001A.6C9D.4556

ephone-template 15

username "cipd" password 123

type 7931

button 1:13 2:17 3:18 4:19

button 5:20 6:21 7:22 8:23

button 9:24

Hi Moahmed,

are you with Tony at the UCE group ?

I've rated your post, appreciate you wanted to test practically to help on a customer problem.

Hey Guys,

I agree with Paolo that this type of Lab testing and great follow-up should be rewarded and is greatly appreciated :)

5 points from Calgary as well!

Take care,

Huff

Hey Paolo, hope all is well with you my friend!

Dear moahmed,

Thank you very much for your response and the fact you tested the provided solution.

I'll give it a try and keep this post updated.

Friendly regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: