Views
Helpful
Replies

How to disable Unity from taking messages while Unity is running

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I am running Unity 4.0.3 and I am in the process of moving my existing production Unity onto a new hardware platform. I will be taking the latest backup from the existing production Unity server and restore it onto the newly install Unity server running on the new hardware platform. I would like to find out if there is a way that I can put the existing production Unity server in like maintenance mode while the restore is running on the new Unity server. What I am trying to accomplish is during the restore on the new Unity server I do not want the existing production Unity server to take new messages while still have Unity running to handle calls from the Auto Attendant.

Thanks very much for any inputs !!!!

Danny

2 Replies 2

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Why don't you just do this at night when production server isn't needed? I am not sure there is a way to turn off that portion of Unity without taking the whole thing down including AA.

Tray

The restore will occur in the evening and we have people work around the clock. I am trying to find a way in Unity to alert users not to leave messages during the restore window.

thanks for your response !!

Danny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: