cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem forwarding calls from h323 dect phone to analogue phone

networkdefence
Level 1
Level 1

I wonder whether anyone can help me. We have a customer who has implemented a ip based dect system at a new site. This system has a mixture of cisco ip phones, analogue phones via a vg-248 and a small amount of ip based dect phones. The dect phones communicate via a H323 gateway (non cisco).

We currently have two problems which I thing maybe related.

The call flow is as follows:-

ip phone -->ccm --> h323 gw ---> ip dect --> cf to analogue phone.

When trying to call a dect phone from an ip phone the phone rings out and so you don't hear any ring back, however the dect phone still rings and audio can be heard when picked up.

If nobody picks up the dect phone it should then forward to voicemail, an analogue system for which it doesn't, you just get the busy tone.

At first I suspected it was the voicemail, however changing the call forward to any analogue extention has the same results.

Strange this is if the call from a dect phone forwards to a cisco ip phone it works fine!

For info they are using ccm 4.1.(3) sr6. The h323 dect gateway is located at the same site as the call managers at there head office. The rest of the kit is installed at the branch office site.

Can anyone give me some advise please? Ive sent Cisco a load of traces, but they are still looking into this problem.

Thanks

Marc.

1 Reply 1

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

check in the cofniguration details if you have enabled allow conenction h.323 to h.323 under voice service voip. also under the codec paramters which is the first preference choice?. chaange it with g.711ulaw and see if it solves the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: