Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPE 2.0 AXL Integration with CM 5.X

I have an environment with Communications Manager 5.1 and MeetingPlace Express 2.0. I configured MeetingPlace to authenticate using and external directory through AXL. I can log into MeetingPlace via the web and the user credentials are authenticated and a new user account is migrated into MeetingPlace. The issue comes with the field "Profile Password" in MPE. The password is supposed to be the users PIN, but the information does not migrate over from CM. Everything else is brought over (user name, password, email, and even the Profile Name which is the phone number in CM). Has anyone experienced this behavior? I need the PINs to migrate over aswell so that the users can use phone view and join meetings without logging into the Web. It is like MPE is looking in the wrong field for the Profile Password. Please Help!!!

7 Replies 7

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Justin -

FYI - I am just having this same problem and referred it to Cisco TAC. Now that I found this on the forum, I will send the engineer the posting, see if we can get some help here. I too, am using LDAP for external directory and noticed the Profile password field is missing. All of my other config for CUCM and MPE looks good.

Ginger

tristan.delsol
Level 1
Level 1

Did you fill in the pin field for the end user in ccm? I have the same integration but have no issues. I can see profile password field is filled with * but the pin field seems to be blank. MPE does allow me to login with my extension and pin.

Hi -

Thanks for responding! We do have the PIN field populated in CCM. What is happening is that we can login to MPE fine with AD account userid and password. But when I try to initiate the MPE Phone View service from my IP phone, I get this error message "Not Authorized. You are not authorized to view this page due to an incorrect userid:password pair or your authorization has expired." I was thinking that the blank Profile password in MPE might be part of the problem.

Ginger

Hi Ginger,

I see what you mean now.

Make sure the phone service is configured as such:

Service URL => http://x.x.x.x/MPAPI/ipphone/login?serverhost=x.x.x.x:8404 (the x's represent MPE ip address)

Service Parameter Information =>

ipphone

name

wfpassword

Tristan

Hi Tristan -

Yesterday I got this fixed. It was my user error - after reviewing the configuration information and validating MPE, I found I had misconfigured the CallManager Phone View Service. I missed the wfpassword field. After correcting, updating subscriptions, Phone View worked like it should! Thanks to all who responded and Tristan, for your helpful information and attentiveness :-)

Sincerely, Ginger

Hi Ginger,

That is good to hear.

I've made the same mistake a few times :-) with those phone services.

Cheers,

Tristan

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have the same scenario. Even thought he profile password is not shown in MPE,

when the users login with their pin they should be fine.

Mine works okay same way

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: