Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco callmanager cpu and memory high utillization

howct7231
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just know from the information posted in NetPros which explained that disk usage of 93 % it is norm.

Would like to know how about the inactive disk ? Is it ok that is around 91% ?

As for the memory heavy usage of 20xxxxx K and left only 19xxxK. Is it norm ?

What causes the heavy usage of memory and the inactive disk high percentage of usage ?

Appreciate the explanation and workaround if there are any.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the amount in both partitions should be around the same percentage, so if you have 93 and 91 that sounds about right

the high memory usage is because of Linux, linux takes all the memory it can to avoid accessing the hdd and having all in a faster medium like RAM. it has always been like this with the linux environment

the reason the inactive partition has that usage is because when you perform an upgrade, or apply a patch or SR/ES the "old version" stays there, you can switch to it at anytime you want

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi,

Thanks for your fast response.

I have forgotten the reasons of high percentage of disks. What are the explanation of this ? Would like to have any documents or release notes that state about this.

By the way, after the upgrade any ways to remove the inactive partiton totally ?

As for the hign memory usage any release notes or documentation which stated about this explanation ?

Many thanks !

as i mentioned, the high mem is due to linux. if you're familiar with linux you will understand how linux works. we do not have any public docs on what you ask. you can do some research on how linux platform works for a better understanding because what you ask is due to the usage of linux as the OS

the HDD space is also filled in that high because all of the partitions that linux creates on it and because most of the space is already preassigned to the linux core files, the CUCM and others. the CAR DB is preassigned 6 gigs and cannot grow more than that as an example.

no way to wipe out the inactive partition, it will always have the "old version" and that is the way this was designed to have it as a backup for emergencies

show diskusage

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/5_1_3/513cmrn.html#wp221569

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/6_0_1/admin/sacdrm.html

The default disk allocation and range varies depending on the size of the server hard drive. However, the maximum CAR database size is 6 GB.

usually if you have less than 98% of disk usage you're fine.

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi,

Sorry last question,

What is the caused of the active hard disk 91%. I cannot recall the reason.

What is the best gauge range percentage for the active hard disk ?

Many thanks.

Hi Javalenc,

I have this output about a Publisher server, CCM 5.1.2.2000-3 (active)  & 5.1.2.1000-11  (inactive)

Total          Free              Used

Disk/active 12317944K 508092K 11184124K (96%)

Disk/inactive 12317912K 498840K 11193344K (96%)

Disk/logging 49848948K 19475612K 27841092K (59%)

According your comments  I think it´s fine.

I´ll check the HD usage on Suscriber server..because...I need to ask for the password to the Operator.

Thanks in advance!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: