CCENT and CCNA Proper Self Study Books?

Unanswered Question
May 1st, 2008

I want to make sure I have all the self study books, as my College will give me a small Scholarship if I pass the CCNA Cert Exam.

I am looking to pass both the CCENT and then the CCNA exams.

My question is , will CCNA Preparation Library (7th Edition) cover both exams thorough enough (along with the CCNA Flash Cards Exam Practice Pack and CCNA Portable Command Guide for reference) to where I wont need the CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide for just the CCENT?

I want to make sure I purchase enough for the CCENT, as I can imagine the CCNA Preparation Library (7th Edition) will be enough for the CCNA.

Any other recommendations will be great, at the same time, I cant afford to buy the whole Cisco Press library. lol

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
nicklauscombs Fri, 05/02/2008 - 06:17

personally I would recommend the ICND1 and ICND2 books by Wendell Odom from cisco press, the flash cards are great for last minute studying before the exams.

More than anything though I highly suggest trying to get some hands on router/switch experience.

nicklauscombs Fri, 05/02/2008 - 06:19

I haven't read it but i've heard many wonderful things about Todd Lammle's ccna book from sybex press, might want to check into that as well.

jgagznos Fri, 05/02/2008 - 13:48

Todd's book is quite good for the CCNA (not as dry as the Cisco texts). He makes Cisco fun!

Actions

This Discussion