Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP ip address and regestration to controller Problem

ahmedalshami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have the strange problem i completed a deployment wireless system (controller 4402-50 AP,1200 s,WCS and radius-EAP-TLS) every thing working fine ,suddenly the customer told me the wireless access point take the IP address , release it and start rebooting. i checked the DHCP server(scope with option 43 )and DNS server its fine.

When I pug any laptop the ports configured with wireless vlan it was getting IP address while plug the wireless access points take the IP address for second then start rebooting.

please advise.

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to look at the logs form the ap. Console into one of the aps and see what process is failing. The ap can obtain a dhcp address, but that doesn't mean that the ap successfully joined a wlc. It can either be the time set on the controller is off or something changed in the network which is blocking udp port 12223.

Are the ap's 1242's or older 1200's?

Post the log from one of the ap's.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Dear

thanks, for support i will send it on Sunday,

also i did this step last week and when the ap go to discovery mode it will receive the Ip address then the access points release the ip and starting rebooting , how can the time set on controller is off ??

the access points is 1232s.

the led in AP is running continues then stop and be green (the 3 led's), then in operate mode then rebooting again.

When an ap keeps on going through a reboot, the first thing you want to check is the log and then if the time is set on the controller. If the time is off by like 5 minutes, the ap's will not be able to join the wlc because of the MIC or SSC. Now if you converted these aps from autonomous to lwapp, then there might be a SSC you will have to enter on the wlc's in order for the ap's to successfully join. the spot where the logs stop before the ap reboots, will explain why.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: