cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Combine flash memory

mbserrano
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone who can help me find the command to combine my 2x32mb flash to have a single 64MB flash memory so I could upload an IOS larger than 32MB?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You're welcome, please rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

cisco_lad2004
Level 5
Level 5

format bootflash: or format flash depending on what u have.

HTH

Sam

Pravin Phadte
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I am not sure how format would help. As i went through a cisco documnet which says partition can work for integrating 2 flash.

Partitions Flash memory.

Router(config)# partition flash partitions [size1 size2]

Partitions Flash memory on the Cisco 1600 and 3600 series.

Router(config)# partition flash-filesystem: [number-of-partitions] [partition-size]

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/configfun/configuration/guide/fcf009_ps1835_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1001191

let us know if it helps.

U are absolutely correct, it is partition and not format.

It has been a long time since I used it on my 2500. and it definitely works as it shouls.

apologies for the hasty reply !

Sam

Hello Guys, im not sure if i got you there. here's my problem: I have an on board flash which is 32MB and i have a compact flash at 32MB also. i want to install an IOS which is around 36MB so i need flash size of more than 32MB. how can i combine the two 32MBs so i could have a single 64MB?, well if it is possible.

Thanks,

MArlon

No, you can't do that. Get a bigger compact flash.

Oh, is that so? ok, thanks for the help.

You're welcome, please rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco