cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity, Call Handler and MWI

skroesen1
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup a Call Handler to handle taking messages that a group of two people will be responding to. I created the handler, but I want to be able to indicate a new message on the two users phone either by the MWI or a shared line appearance on there phones so they can see the "envelope" when a message is waiting. How would I make this work.

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steve,

You are just about there :) Here is one way;

You could create a Dummy Extension/Mailbox that is on the 2 phones and set that new DN up as the recipient for the call handler. This way the Lamps and Icons would show on both phones when a mesage is left.

If this Dummy DN is the second line on the phones (which it probably will be)

You should be able to tweak the Message Lamp Setting in CCM for the new Line appearances;

For the Line Setting on xxxx-

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Message Waiting Lamp Policy - Light and Prompt

The RED Message Lamp will then work for these Second lines on each phone.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the reply.

I am still having trouble with this. Here is how it is setup now.

I created a dummy extension of 4652 and v-mailbox and set it as an additional line on the phone.

DN for the handler is 4650. Dial that, press "1" to leave a message and goes to the second handler to leave the message. The owner of that handler is the dummy 4652 subscriber. Under "messages" on the handler, I set the Message Recipient to "subsciber" and selected the dummy DN created above and save. If I click off the messages section and go back, it is set back to distribution list. Any ideas?

I fixed the problem with it keeping changing back to a dist list by deleting the handler and recreating it. Setup back up as described above and I still cannot get a MWI on the second DN.

Hi Steve,

Do you get the envelope icon on the second DN? Is the actual message available from 4652?

Rob

I was able to make it work by deleting it all and starting over. I think unity is a little finicky if you don't assign the owner on the first screen of creating the handler, plus I was not doing the subscriber correctly. Thanks for your input!

Congrats.Good work.

I have a similar kind of issue with Unity 4.2.1 ES59 and TSP 8.1.2 Exchange 2003 offbox. I have a shared line 8000 shared by 5 phones (people) as a second or third line.This has a valid subscriber mailbox. When this line is busy the call is forwarded to 8001 which does not have any mailbox. This is also a shared line by the same people as second or 3rd line. But then the VM will be stored on 8000.

My problem is the MWI icon for these shared lines does not appear on any of the phones. This happens only with any shared lines and the primary personal lines work as normal.I made it work after restarting the Message store Monitor service in Unity.But I wonder the problem could reoccur anytime becoz it occured in the past 4 times in a year and the unity reboot resolved.

I wonder whether this is a design issue on the shared lines without a mailbox or any bug at Exchange 2003 or in unity 4.2.1 or TSP 8.1.2 I am not using distribution list or Call handler. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Mohti.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: