CCNP - Basic Questions

Unanswered Question
May 2nd, 2008

Hi all,

I heard there were 2 large tests as opposed to the 4 test more broken down. Is this true? Are the two test very difficult? What are the codes for the 2?

Seconds question:

If taking 4 courses (BSCI,ISCW,ONT/QOS,BCMSN), in what order is most recommended or does this not matter?

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jrensink78 Fri, 05/02/2008 - 09:22

If you go to the CCNP page at http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le10/learning_certification_type_home.html, you'll see your current test options. There once was a 2 test option. But one of the test requirements was a 640 series foundation exam, which doesn't appear to be offered any more.

Currently, you can either take the 4 tests that you mentioned, or take the 642-892 Composite exam plus the ISCW and ONT tests to get it done in 3 tests.

I think the most common test order is BSCI, BCMSN, ISCW, ONT. I haven't gotten through all of my CCNP tests yet, so I can't speak from experience if certain tests can be mixed around in the order.

Istvan_Rabai Sat, 05/03/2008 - 04:36

Hi,

Agree with Jeffrey on the order of preparations: BSCI, BCMSN, ISCW, ONT.

When it comes to ISCW and ONT you can rely on your routing and switching knowledge and experience to construct VPNs, MPLS VPNs, QOS and other stuff.

In the topologies and scenarios that you have to construct you will have enough problems to solve. So you can concentrate on the ISCW and ONT stuff, armed with routing and switching knowledge.

Cheers:

Istvan

Actions

This Discussion