CAD recordings

Unanswered Question
May 2nd, 2008

I just need to know if the recordings done via Cisco Desktop Agent can be converted into other audio types. We basically want to be able to begin the recording at any point in the call and convert it for playback via something other than Cisco Supervisor like VLC player or Windows Media Player. All of the documentation I have read thus far would indicate that the calls recorded via desktop agent can only be played back via supervisor but we don't want to install supervisor on all of the machines that the calls will be listened to with plus we don't want to setup that many folks as supervisors. If anybody knows if the recordings can be converted and listed to via other media players or can point me to some documentation that details if you can or cannot do that I would be very appreciative. We are rullinc IPCC Express 4.0. Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jarmitage Fri, 05/02/2008 - 12:54

Hi Matt,

You might want to consider using the free program "Audacity" to convert your recordings to mp3 (or whatever other format you want).

Have your agents (or supervisor) record a call, and play it back on the supervisor's workstation.

While you're playing the recording back, Audacity can capture the signal from the sound card in the supervisor's workstation, and then export the file as a .wav, .mp3, etc.

If you download Audacity, you'll also need to download the LAME encoder for mp3 export. During recording, you'll probably have to change your input settings around a little too. It's really handy to have a good pair of headphones plugged in to the sound card, so you can clearly hear what's going on over any background noise.

Link to Audacity:

LAME mp3 encoder:

Some instructions on how to capture audio directly from the sound card (not exactly your situation, but a good primer):

Please rate useful posts, thanks!

Jonathan Schulenberg Sat, 05/03/2008 - 05:41

Recordings are saved as WAV files on the UCCX server. When you play them back in CSD, it is playing the WAV file. From the CSD interface you can choose to save the file locally. Once you've done this you can distribute it however you wish.

If you want to do this without CSD in the first place you'll need to find where the WAV files are saved on the UCCX server. I don't have the path in front of me at the moment.

FYI- Cisco's official option for letting agents listen to recordings is the Quality Manager product which provides an interface for both supervisors and agents.

This Discussion