Views
Helpful
Replies

ONS with EMC

ttuncaral
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are planning to use ONS with EMC in order for replicating disk storage asynchronously to a remote location. Estimated bandwidth requirement is 240Mbps and I think that this can be possible by using 2xOC3 link from our telco provider.

Is there a configuration of ONS which enables connection for disk storages over Gigabit lines and aggregated OC3 SONET/SDH links between two locations? I see some documents on CCO describing this but I am not able to find the details because I'm not familiar with the technology. Any help such as URL links for design and configuration options on CCO or just recommendations for doing this or answers including yes or no would be much appreciated.

Regards,

turkeer

1 Reply 1

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

Take a look at the CE-1000-4 Card. It appears to be tailor made for what you need.

You should find it in the ONS15454 doc lib.

Done right, there is not much to configure since the transport mechanisim is pretty blind to what you are putting on the fiber.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: