cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1130AG's - Associations as ccx-client and 4500-radio ?

Office has 4 1130AG's. Same SSID's. Windows XP SP2 using Windows Wireless (WZC) Laptops moving about the office transfer from AP to AP: Except for the most recent AP Addition. This AP was added within the last 60 days. If I am located next to it, my association remains to the next nearest AP. If I disconnect from the AP; I will then connect to the AP next to me. I have checked the configurations for all AP's to make sure they're the same. Aside from the slight firmware difference (mentioned below) they're the same. I used the Web Interface.

All the other associations from the client to the AP's are as ccx-client. Any associations to the newly deployed AP are as 4500-radio. I believe this is related to our problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*the firmware on the newest WAP Cisco 1130ag was (system) v.12.3(8)JA2 : (bootloader) v12.3(7)JA1 (Radio Firmware) 5.90.11.

- All of the other units were at: (system) v.12.3(8)JEA : (bootloader) v12.3(7)JEA (Radio Firmware) 6.00.1.

- Also found that the client associations for all the previous WAP were using ccx-client, whereas the latest wap associations were using 4500-radio.

1 Reply 1

Addional Information:

When connecting to the previous AP's the 4500-radio laptop is associated as ccx-client.

So it must be something on the 1130AG.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card