cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1130AG's - Associations as ccx-client and 4500-radio ?

Office has 4 1130AG's. Same SSID's. Windows XP SP2 using Windows Wireless (WZC) Laptops moving about the office transfer from AP to AP: Except for the most recent AP Addition. This AP was added within the last 60 days. If I am located next to it, my association remains to the next nearest AP. If I disconnect from the AP; I will then connect to the AP next to me. I have checked the configurations for all AP's to make sure they're the same. Aside from the slight firmware difference (mentioned below) they're the same. I used the Web Interface.

All the other associations from the client to the AP's are as ccx-client. Any associations to the newly deployed AP are as 4500-radio. I believe this is related to our problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*the firmware on the newest WAP Cisco 1130ag was (system) v.12.3(8)JA2 : (bootloader) v12.3(7)JA1 (Radio Firmware) 5.90.11.

- All of the other units were at: (system) v.12.3(8)JEA : (bootloader) v12.3(7)JEA (Radio Firmware) 6.00.1.

- Also found that the client associations for all the previous WAP were using ccx-client, whereas the latest wap associations were using 4500-radio.

1 Reply 1

Addional Information:

When connecting to the previous AP's the 4500-radio laptop is associated as ccx-client.

So it must be something on the 1130AG.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card