cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Green light on 7911

mello_mello
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I have a problem with 7911 Series IP Phone. Immediately after powering up, it turns on green light (Application Menu softkey) and stays that way all the time. Factory reset doesn't help.

Did anybody face that kind of problem ever?

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, you phone is phone is trying to access some files not available on the tftp server. Are you using cm or cme ? Do you have term11.default.loads and all the firmware files ?

I'm using CM 4.2, but also i have CME if it's necessary. I have access to all firmware and term11.default.loads. All other 7911 phones work fine. The problem is just with one particular phone.

Also i used Etherial to see any activity on the switch port, where phone is connected - there isn't any, and switch doesn't recognise that phone by CDP.

Never seen a case like that, it must be faulty then.

I saw many times two light - red ang green...it means missed files, but never green light alone...Anyway - thanks for your help!

Before you give up, try the alternate sequence:

3491672850*#

I had tried that before i opened this topic, according to http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/620/fn62949.html

Furthermore, i tried any types of factory reset. It didn't help.

Ok, for a very last chance that happened to me once, I had a 7911 that believed to be a 7906, so it looked for term06.default.loads instead. After configuring that file, it upgraded and normalized itself.

Of course if you see no activity at all on the switch port even forcing acces vlan same as voice, all bets are off.

Yeah...access and voice vlans are the same, of course. Still no activity, only STP and so on. Thanks a lot for your advices!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: