cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS behind ASA 5520 7.1(2)

majaj
Level 1
Level 1

i have two switches and one router behind ASA5520 , these devices can't authenticat from ACS

there is no failed attempt on the ACS

i open all ports through ASA5520 but it doesn't work

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mohammed

Your post implies but is not clear that traffic from the router and switches must go through the ASA5520 to get to ACS. Can you clarify that this is the case?

If there is an ASA in the path from router and switches to ACS, my first guess would be that ASA was not allowing the traffic. Can you tell us whether the router and switches are using TACACS or Radius to request authentication with ACS? And can you post the parts of the config of the ASA in which you open the ports?

There might be some other causes of this problem. Can you verify whether the router and switches have IP connectivity to the ACS? If you traceroute from the router and switches to the ACS does the traffic take the path that you expect?

Is it possible that there is some config error in the router and switches - is there possibly an incorrect server address or incorrect key?

If you run debug for authentication (TACACS or Radius, whichever you are using) and attempt to authenticate what is in the debug output?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

yes the traffic should go through ASA5520 to get to ACS.

i can ping from ACS to switches and router.

i can telnet from switches and router to ACS using port 49

the router and switches using TACACS to authenticate with ACS

the ip address for server is correct and key also

i have the same senario with ASA 7.0 not 7.1 and i don't have any problem

Do you have acs appliance or acs windows ?

it is ACS appliance 4.1

Go to

Network configuration > Proxy Distribution Table > (Default).

swap the entry in this section under tables AAA Server and Forward to > Submit + Restart.

Regards,

~JG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: