Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote control application via meetingplace express

moabdallah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does the latest version of meetingplace express support remote control so that one user can remotly control the application of the other user ?

Is it the same application that Cisco TAC use to remote control my telnet or console session during the TAC cases ?

Thanks

Regards

Mohamed

5 Replies 5

okuehn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mohamed,

yes, since release 2.0.1 meetingplace offers the new feature "remote control screen sharing". with this you can remotely control application or even the whole desktop.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace_express/2_0/english/release/notes/b_rn20.html#wp265241

cheers, oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your reply

What is the different between this feature on meetingplace express and Webex ?

Do i need the webex to offer remote support to my customer ?

Regards

Mohamed

Hi Mohamed,

as far as i know these are totaly different products. cisco acquired webex in 2007 and added it to their product portfolio. i think the key difference is that webex is a hosted solution while meetingplace is installed on a server in your company.

however, if you have meetingplace installed at your site, you can use the remote control features out of the box - without using webex additionally.

regards, oliver

Hi I have Cisco Meeting Place Version: 2.0.2.40, and how I request the control of a Shared Screen?

As a moderator or presenter, you can request control of the screen of another presenter or moderator.

Procedure:

Step 1 Click Request Control on the Share tool control strip.

If the request is accepted, a message informs you that you have been granted control of the screen. The Request Control button becomes a Release Control button. You can now take control of the shared screen.

Step 2 To return control of the shared screen to the original presenter, click Release Control on the Share tool control strip.

regards, oliver