Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Database Connection Error

jasonharmer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Had the CiscoWorks server crash over the weekend, someone kicked the power cable out of the server. And am now seeing a problem with the RME Database.

When ever I try and connect to any pages that displays data from the database i get the following error:

HOME0002: Could not get database connection. Make sure that RME DB server is running. Check RMEHome.log for more details.

I have also noticed that I am no longer able to view device details through "devcie centre". I can see the "groups" the devices would belong to but not the devices under, when I expand "All Devices" there is nothing. Hopwever when I look at the discovery log I can see all my devices being discovered.

Any help would be greatly apprectaed.

Its LMS 3.0.1 on Win 2K3

Thanks

Jason

8 Replies 8

jasonharmer
Level 1
Level 1

Here is an extract of the RMEHome.log file

I'll bet if you shutdown dmgtd, you'll see an rmeng.log file in NMSROOT\databases\rmeng. If so, delete this file, then run:

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv9 -f NMSROOT\databases\rmeng\rmeng.db

After that, you should be able to restart dmgtd, and have RME work again.

When I stop the dmgtd process, the file rmeng.log is deleted.

I have run the command you mentioned but still no joy, same error messages..

Please post the output of the pdshow command.

Here is the output of the pdshow command

Everything points to a problem with the ACS integration, and not the database. Assuming you're using HTTP for the ACS protocol, it would be really helpful to see a sniffer trace of TCP traffic between LMS and ACS when you get this error.

If you are using HTTPS, then you should open a TAC service request to get the steps to enable ACS integration debugging.

Hi all, i got the same problem with my server, it runs over Solaris

HOME0002: Could not get database connection. Make sure that RME DB server is running. Check RMEHome.log for more details

I Attatched the log,

any help i will appreciate!

Regards,

Antonio Gutierrez

Start a new thread for your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco