Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PBX as a backup to CUCM!!!

Hi all

Is there a way of making Panasonic PBX to be backup in a case of CallManager failure? It's a very strange request, I already have CCM cluster and 2 PRI E1 links, but client wants additional backup. So when CCMs fails, PBX to takeover. Are there any experiences or tips? Every hint is precious?

Thanks

Vladimir

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot include a node that is not a CUCM server in the CUCM group, also i don't think the PBX handles SCCP as it's propietary

if it can, then the only option would be an SRST reference

if he really needs another redundancy level why not SRST?? At any given time the phones can only have 3 CUCM servers in the CUCM group + the SRST reference

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That's ok, I have it covered already, but as I said, strange situation is that client did not want to believe that system like any other device, needs POWER to work, UPSs are dead, and couldn't explain to him that analog phones need electricity as well, so I found a 3rd party guy, who confirmed my story! And it solved my problem, he'll now replace UPSs, I hope soon!! Anyway thanks for response, I thought there is some workaround to create miracle IP perpetuum telephony mobile, with some PBX, or analog phones as kind of backup...

Thanks

Vladimir