cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRP-2 Ethernet Ports - Support MPLS ?

tckoon
Level 1
Level 1

I setup lab with 5 units of XR12406, 2 unit as P another 3 units as PE router.

All router came with POS and GigabitEthernet (Fiber) ports. On P1 I use ETH port connect to RR router, well it work without problem..BGP is up and running.

To simulate CE host can ping to other side oof CE host, I connect the host to PRP-2 ETH port, well my notebook don't have Fiber ethernet port.

From host 1 I can ping to the gateway to 10.1.1.1, and host 2 can ping to 10.3.3.3 GW. But I can't ping from host 1 to remote CE host (10.3.3.100). Question is this ETH ports on PRP-2 can support MPLS ? Or I am not suppose to use the ETH port on PRP-2 ?

I knew these ports suppose is for Telnet/SNMP .. management use only.

3 Replies 3

tckoon
Level 1
Level 1

upload diagram.

Dear Tckoon,

As far as i understand your case, there is no need to enable MPLS on the ethernet connected to Host1 or Host2 as this is a customer CE interfaces so it's only assinged to the VPN instance (VRF)

Also i can see that the connectivity between your P and PE router using POS interfaces so there is no Ethernet in bweteen so no MTU issues :)

As long as you can reach PE2 VRF interface so the MPLS-VPN traffic switched fine, so please make sure that Host2 can reach PE2 interface then PE1 VRF interface may Host2 dont have default gateway configured on, if not please provide me with this commands

Show ip bgp vpnv4 all su

Show ip vrf interface abc

show ip vrf detail abc

Show mpls forwarding-table vrf abc

traceroute vrf abc host2 (from PE1)

traceroute vrf abc host1 (from PE2)

Please rate helpful posts.

Best Regards,

Mounir Mohamed

problem resolved.

the prp-2 mgmt ethernet not support mpls.

after i conned it to gigabit port on SPA module it working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: