cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Needs Help With Port Forwarding Behind Dynamic IP

sandman420
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. Most all of the forums I've seen over anything relating to port forwarding has been for a static IP. I've tried the command in mine with a dynamic IP, but changed the 2nd half of the command from what source static IP address and port, to "int Dialer 1" and then the port. This still did not work for me. Anyone know how to properly open up a port to a private IP computer behind Dynamic IP DSL ?

Thank you,

Mark

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

eg:

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.0.97.2 80 interface FastEthernet4 800

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

asfar.zaidi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mark

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.200.15 3389 interface dialer0 3389

Regards/Asfar

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

eg:

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.0.97.2 80 interface FastEthernet4 800

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

asfar.zaidi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mark

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.200.15 3389 interface dialer0 3389

Regards/Asfar

Are you sure it is dialer0 and not dialer1? Even so, dialer1 is the one that has my ip address from my provider, but I already have one of those setup and doesn't work... is dialer0 something totally different or were you just suggesting that maybe the int that is being used is dialer0 and not dialer1?

Thanks,

Mark

Youre' being provided with examples. Interface must be the one that has ip nat outside.

Then if doesn't work, it can be for example you're forwarding port 80 but have not shutdown IOS web server.

I figured was just example. Anyway...yes, I have that command put in the router and it still isn't forwarding the port correctly. It is for VNC server on my computer and port forwarding is 410xx...nothing else should be running on that. I've been using that port number for a while now. What gives?

Any ACL on the router ?

If tcp, if you do telnet x.x.x.x 410xx from router, does the connection opens ?

sandman420
Level 1
Level 1

Well, I'm not sure what happened here. The correct command I needed (and typed the first time I tried this) is:

ip nat inside source static tcp X.X.X.X 410XX interface Dialer1 410XX

I went back in my config and that command wasn't in there for some reason...so I did it again and checked a second time in config and it was there. Tested it out and everything good.

Thanks for everyone's time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: