Views
Helpful
Replies

Specific Unity capacity features

agaspare
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team

I have a partner asking for specific features regarding Unity5.0.

“

1 Describe in the voice digitization technique and voice digitization rate used for recording users' speech.

2 Indicate the capacity limits that can be defined for a particular voice mailbox. Indicate whether or not this is configurable by class of service.

3 What is the length of the longest message that can be recorded by a caller?

4 How many messages can be stored in a subscriber's mailbox?

5 The system should be able to control the number of minutes of messages in the mailbox. What is the maximum total number of minutes of messages that can be stored in a single voice mailbox? How is this controlled with your system?

6 The system should provide alternate system wide conversations?

7 The system should provide the user with an adjustable playback speed control (with full pitch preservation).

“

Is there available any specific document regarding this features?

Kind Regards

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, the Unity Configuration guide

System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Release 5.x (With Microsoft Exchange)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusagex.html

the unity design guide

Design Guide for Cisco Unity Release 5.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/design/guide/5xcudgx.html

and finally the Release notes

Release Notes for Cisco Unity Release 5.0(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/release/notes/501curelnotes.html

some of them are really not easy to answer, ie the how many messages in the subscriber mailbox depends on the codec, the mailbox size, the time of each message, etc. too many things that are variable to give a straight answer

the minutes in mailbox also depend on the codec and mailbox size and is an aprox if you can find that out

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi javalenc,

Thanks for the answers. Where can I rate it?

I haven't found if there is a place where I can see the total minutes recorded on the voicemail inbox.

Is it available?

Is this forum a replacement for older aliases?

Thanks

Andrea

once you're logged in in the right bottom part of the response you'll see the rate drop down menu

as i mentioned, there is no easy way to tell him that. he needs to know the codec he will use, the size of the mailbox and then do some calculations to get an aprox on how much time.

no, actually this forum should not be used for this purpose if you're from Cisco.

you should ask this questions using internal channels and not netpro

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: