cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

installing exchange 2007 on unity server with Failover configured

dandwyer1
Level 1
Level 1

We have gotten to the point during the install where it asks you select a message store for 2007. The problem we have is that our 2007 exchange environment has multiple message stores. a thru e, f thru j and so on. How do you install for this scenario? I can generate the e2kscript file no problem. Do we need to do this for every message store or do we just pick the the default 1st message store. the documentation doesn't state for this scenario.

Thanks,

Dan

6 Replies 6

canowlin
Level 1
Level 1

Dan,

I have the same issue, if you find a solution can you please let me know. If I get to one first I will let you know.

Any answer on this guys?

Ryan,

I only ran one script on one mail store and it appears to have found all...Still trying to find out waht was missed if anything.

this is some integration!

dandwyer1
Level 1
Level 1

Well, we got this figured out. All you need to do is generate the script and run it so it basically copies the Unity mailboxes (3 Eadmin,unity messaging system and a usbms mailbox) from our 2003 exchange box to our 2007 exchange box.

First you need to run the permissions wizard to ensure the mailboxes have the right permissions. Running the script seemed silly to me since after the permissions were set you could just use the mailbox move function native to exchange to move the mailboxes. Also the original documentation from CISCO said to run the exchange install on your unity box. DON'T DO IT. Supposedly they've updated the installation documentation.

I did this, but the script that it created only seems to move two mailboxs, these mailbox are the USBMS and the Unity Messaging System mbox. Eadmin remain on the old Exchange 2003 Environment. Further to this I also have failover in my environment. When I tried to run the same procedure I did on server 1 it didn't seem to create a script for me on the failover server to move the same mailboxes to Exchange 2007. So as a result I have 2 of 6 mailbox's moved over to the Exchange 2007 partner server. Has this happened to anyone else?

Ryan, at this point i would have your exchange person just move the Eadmin mailboxes over with the mailbox move native in exchange 2007. We did this after running the script to move the usbms and unity messaging mailbox and it worked fine and we also have two unity servers with failover. Hope this helps.

Dan