cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fabric Manager 3.3(1a) clone zone

stuart.mclean
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone else having issues clonign a zone with FM 3.3(1a). When I right click on the zone I normally see the option to clone. Well, in 3.3(1a) the clone option seems to have been removed. Is it just me?

5 Replies 5

dmcloon
Level 1
Level 1

Please double check you went to the right screen when looking for the zone clone option.

1. In FM top left, right click on your zoneset.

2. Select "Edit Local Full/Zone Database".

3. In top left pane, expand out the "+Zones" folder.

4. right click on your zone and the "clone" option should be there.

If you right click on the zone from the active zoneset folder you will not see the clone option. You must be in "+Zones".

Exactly, that is the process I follow and have been using in previous releases of FM, such as 3.2(2c). The Clone option is not available when right clicking a zone within the zone section of "Edit Local Full/Zone database. I have tested on two machines, this is not isolated to a single desktop. The only change was upgrading to 3.3(1a).

I see the same problem as noted of not finding the clone option with 3.3(1a). Was it possibly removed?

Thanks for the post Kevin, atleast now I know it's not just me. All CLI commands to clone a zone are still available and function, this is limited to the Fabric Manager GUI.

I just confirmed that Cisco did remove the clone function from 3.3(1a). There was a bug against it so it was removed. Cisco is now going to document it in the SAN-OS Release Notes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: