cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAFS

rm2017
Level 1
Level 1

When I set up the File Servers for my core and edge WAE's I understand that this will provide CIFS acceleration - in addition to the TFO/DRE/LZ features. Does this CIFS acceleration only provide benefits for file shares - or would it also provide some benefit for the logon process w/ roaming profiles?

3 Replies 3

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael,

If your roaming profiles are on a server that isn't using SMB Signing, then the CIFS/WAFS adapter can provide CIFS acceleration. However, usually the profiles reside on a Domain Controller, which has SMB Signing turned on by default, and as a result, most of the profile traffic, even though it's CIFS, gets punted outside the CIFS adapter.

Hope that helps,

Dan

In most cases I've seen the DC's store the configuration info (location) of the roaming profiles and then the actual user profiles are stored on a file server. If this is the case would CIFS acceleration 'kick in' during the logon process?

Thanks for the follow up.

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct, as long as the file server redirected to does not have SMB Signing turned on and is within range (25 ms by default) of the Core WAE(s).

Hope that helps,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: