Analog phones with SRST

Unanswered Question

I have CUCM 6.x and a MGCP gateway with SRST and several FXS ports with analog phones hanging off.

I want the analog phones always registered to the SRST gateway rather than CUCM because in the event of a problem with CUCM, I do not want to wait for SRST to kick in. In other words, I want SRST working ahead of time for the analog phones.

I know if these were IP phones, I could block 2000 permanently, or something like that to force SRST, but I don't know how to force the analog phones to register with SRST.

My alternative is to use the voice gateway as CME rather than MGCP w/SRST, but I would really like to stay away from CME due to some of the other complexity's of this voice gateway.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
gogasca Mon, 05/05/2008 - 20:28

Configure that GW as H323 and configure all extension with proper dial-peers voip and pots

Thanks. I think that this would work. I was trying to avoid H323 though for the extra admin overhead and caller-id issues. I have used the proper IOS for H323 to include caller-id, but it just doesn't work as well as an MGCP gateway.

That's a lot better than going with CME, but is there anyway to do this with MGCP?

This Discussion