cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTPRx RTPTx not working on new phones

sparklemotion
Level 1
Level 1

RTP recieive and transmit does not seem to work for me on code that works on older models. It does not work on 79x5 and 79x2 models? any one have the same issue/ work arounds?

6 Replies 6

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have phones starting from the old 05/40/60 to the 79x5 series and I didn't have any problem using RTPMRx and RTPMTx - in fact I'm using that for an application I just recently deployed and x5 phones are part of my test phones in my lab.

What version of firmware for the phones are you using? And perhaps if you wouldnt mind can u send a sample of your rtptx xml string

thanks

I'm using (or was using.. I have since upgraded but haven't done any RTP stuff) is 8.3.4SR2 so the second latest version. However, I'm unaware of any release where RTP wouldn't have worked (then again, it's not something I test for - but you can search the bugtool for such things)

I'm using very simple commands like this:

What application are you using to send the streams?

Do you have a Java application sample snippet that I could use...that's what I am looking for...

I am amazed how difficult it is to find a java based R/T sample to the phones...

Anything you could provide would be very appreciated...

Ted

Robust Audio Tool (RAT) for sending and recieving RTP streams. Worked well for me

http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multimedia/software/rat/

There's also a JMF based tool that I wrote.. you can search for it here.. it's one of the threads with the ost replies.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: