cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.x unityadmin windows profile

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

I have seen this once before and never found a solution for it. I have just installed a fresh copy of unity 5.x on an MCS server with Server 2003 and Exch 2003. During the install process i never logged in with the unityadmin account.

Now that the intall is complete i logged out of the unityinstall account and attempted to log in using unityadmin. The server begins to log in, then just sits at a blank blue screen indefinately.

I tried creating a completely different user account and it does the same thing with that one.

The server is a domain controller in a voice mail only configuration. The unityadmin account is part of the domain admins security group. I have tried deleting the profile directory for that user, but it does the same thing the next time i try to log in.

Has anyone seen this problem? Does anyone know a solution? It seems like its some type of windows permissions problem, but im not sure where to look. There are no event logs showing a problem when the user attempts to log in.

2 Replies 2

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

I found a solution incase anyone sees this in the future. I enabled RDP on the server, and allowed the account access.

I then used RDP and logged in with unityadmin and it went in without a problem. After that i am able to log in locally with the account.

I'm not sure why you need to do this, but its a work around for anyone that gets stuck with it.

You saved my day too! I had this exact problem for unityadmin account. Rebooted my server several times with no luck. But your suggestion worked and has fixed it.

I have windows 2003 and Unity 7.0 with failover setup.

Thanks a bunch for posting your solution.

Veera

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: