cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Way to Connect 8 3560's

JAGlauber
Level 1
Level 1

We have 6(1-6) 24pt 3560's with POE (used for the 7941 Phone's and the computers plug into the phones) and 2 (7,8) 48pt non-POE 3560's that are used for the servers and network devices (gateways, call managers, unity, ipcc...)

we use vlan 1 for data, vlan 100 for voice and vlan 9 is for the RSPAN that's destination is on switch 7 (cistera call recorder)

I wanted to setup a 4 gig link between switch 7 and 8 and have the vlan run over it as well.

also how would you interconnect all of the switches? Right now I have a single cable between switches 1-6 --> switch 7. should a single cable be enough to handle 24 phone and client computers on each switch?

Thanks for your help!

3 Replies 3

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

U can create a etherchannel on the switch 7 & 8 using 2 ports on each switch and configure it as a trunk link.

It will be helpful if u post the diagram of the current topology.

Thanks

Mahmood

JAGlauber
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a diagram i just made up

Its preferrable to have faster backbone between the core's. 1 Uplink is ok with the setup but for redundancy you may want to connect another uplink to the other core(switch 8).

Then as Mahmood said, you need an etherchannel between 7 & 8 for high speed backbone & make it a trunk. With L2 etherchannel, again only 1 port will be active & rest in the channel-group will be blocking due to STP. So L3 etherchannel is recommended. You may choose one based on your design.

Refer this link for config help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.1_19_ea1/configuration/guide/swethchl.html#wp1033981

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card