Views
Helpful
Replies

copy config via vpn

yayasolenet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

"copy running tftp" is pretty useful to backup the configuration. But it doesn't work when I vpn into the network, then telnet Vlan1. It must be something blocked it. What is the right config to make it work?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Check u r access-list weather tftp traffic is blocked or permited.If it is blocked then u need to permit.Paste u r access-list config if u can.

Thanks

Mahmood

Hi Mahmood,

I dont think this is the acl that has blocked the traffic. It is because when we issue command "copy run tftp", the traffic is from wan interface instead of Lan interface.

For example, when the ipsec tunnel is up. You do ping from telnet session to the remote ip, it wont work. You need to use extended ping to specify from the lan IP address.

Is there a command for copy that I can specify the from IP address?

Thanks,

LYdia

Hi there,

I actually found a function in SDM which is quite similar and works well.

Under the configuration management, using config edit. I can save the running-config to PC which does not matter if I am vpn in or via VLan.

I haven't tried to load up the config yet. As it only can be loaded into running-config while tftp can load it into start-config, I dont know if it is good or not.

Cheers,

Lydia

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card