Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 with SSM

batumibatumi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have ASA 5520 with CSC-SSM modul. And, i am intrested in, What IP address and Gateway have i to assign to SSM module. I know, IP which will be assign SSM module have to reach internet for Trend Micro for updates. I just need to assign inside interface any IP address and gateway ??? Need UR advice :)))

tnx in advance

8 Replies 8

tj.mitchell
Level 4
Level 4

Typically, this IP Address is on the internal network and used for management. I usually give it an address from a management network with associated gateway to allow for access to the internet.

Great tnx mitchell , U R only person who respond me :)))

mitchell, to ask U more detail: i gave SSM modul IP address from managment network, but gateway must be outside or inside intrface IP ... ? for example, IP address - 192.168.1.100, Gateway Inside interface IP 10.x.x.x or Outside interface IP 77.x.x.x

Sorry for my poor English. I hope U understand what i said :))) tnx, in advance :)))

should be the Outside interface IP 77.x.x.x

tnx, but what will happen if i'll assign IP address of inside interface, which could be reach to internet... ??? :)))

Its very kind from UR side to help me to findout unknow things for me.

inside interface should be used to go into your internal network.

If you say internet to be inside, the routing is like looping around.

But, i'm going to use inside network users to have access to internet (using PAT) ... my question: if i'll assgn IP address SSM modul 10.0.0.100 and its gateway will be Outside interface IP ... is it OK ???

tnx, in advance :)))

Give it an internal IP Address and gateway for your network. So long as this network has access to the internet you'll be fine.

Example:

IP Address 10.0.0.100 /24

Gateway 10.0.0.1

Tnxxx,

Cheers to U ... )))))

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: