Views
Helpful
Replies

AAA group server list

paulhowlett_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Our devices are configured to point to 3 ACS servers using the following commands:

aaa new-model

aaa group server tacacs+ ACS

server x.x.x.x

server x.x.x.x

server x.x.x.x

exit

On a recent IOS deployment all of the 'server x.x.x.x' commands were removed from the config following a reboot. This was on a wide range of devices using 122 40, also tried 122-44 with the same affect. Can anyone explain why?

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies 7

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

HI Paul, [Pls Rate if HELPS]

Possible reasons are:

1. The Configuration was not saved before reload [write memeory (or) copy running-config start-up config]

2. The router could have got loaded with the start-up config [ie., the running-config & start-up config may not be same]

3. If there are any Config that are saved as Archives [in flash] means, may be that could have loaded by some means of command that are put in config before reload.

Hope I am Informative.

Pls RATE if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Hi, all configs were definitely saved before the reload. All of the other AAA configuration remained, just the list of servers disappeared.

HI Paul, [Pls Rate all INFORMATIVE POST]

Normally during the IOS change process, the "no aaa new-model" is executed to avoid the un-necessary authentication Issue during the work.

Is there any such executed ?

Is there any Logs thrown on the Console during the Reload Process ?

If any capture please POST

Hope I am Informative.

Pls RATE all Informative POST

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Hi Guru, I will set a switch up in the office and see what the output is.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks

Hi, tried it on the desk, same problem and no unusual console output.

HI Paul, [Pls Rate all informative POST]

Not sure on what's happening. Need to check the IOS version support for the ACS.

If you re-configure the Server IP @ Address whether the Commands are accepted ?

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Hi, tried it on the desk, same problem and no unusual console output.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: