Views
Helpful
Replies

network problem

T1success
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Please I will appreciate any help from you to resolve this major internet problem.

I am not sure if this is a virus issue or a problem on the network.

But one thing is certain good router configuration can resolve the problem and advice from the house will resolve the problem.

This is the issue

I have a server that some machines get resources from (not internet resources ).Once this server is on the network all system times out .Interestingly one can browse few website like msn only, other sites will not open.

Please what can I do

(1) To isolate this system

(2) Allow system that needs resources on the server to be able to get access to this server

(3) Allow access to all web sites

I will appreciate your speedy reply.

Best Regards

2 Replies 2

stephenshaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

first of all, if you suspect a virus, get this server off of the network, ensure it has up-to-date anti-virus software and run a scan and correct any problems that may appear. Also run at least two different apps that check for mal-ware (such as Ad-ware). Here is a link on anti-spyware products:

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3688_7-6812013-1.html?tag=cnetfd.mt

As for Internet access, the issue could be that the TCP-MSS-adjust size needs to be set for 1452 (assuming you are using an ADSL Internet service). There are other posts that describe what this is and where to configure it - just do a search.

More details will be required to properly answer all of your questions.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks for your reply.

If I change the MTU size,what immediate effect will it have on the network.

What are the other details that you are requesting for ?

Best Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: