cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.0(1) to 6.1(2) Upgrade - not enough disk space - how do I resolve?

ccpagel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to upload a 6.1(2) upgrade on to my 6.0(1) Business Edition Server and get the following message:

"There is not enough disk space in the common partition to perform the upgrade. Please use either the Platform Command Line Interface or the Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) to free space on the common partition."

Can anyone offer any advice on how and what I should delete to free up disk space?

I have upgraded from 6.0.1.2000-3 (inactive) to 6.0.1.2000-4 (active) in the past.

Thanks,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

The first thing would be to try to burn the image to DVD and install from DVD. Another method to try is use a different upgrade method (such as SFTP or LOCAL) or use different FTP server software. The problem with the FTP server software is that it returns back a negative size value when CUC's FTP client issues a LIST FTP directive to the server. This causes CUC upgrade software to believe the size of the file is much larger than it really is and it causes the software to think there is not enough disk space to contain the file. The negative size value is most likely due to the fact that the FTP server software cannot deal with file characteristics where the file size is >2GB. CUC development has noticed this in CUC software since files of that size are not commonly downloaded using FTP.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

The first thing would be to try to burn the image to DVD and install from DVD. Another method to try is use a different upgrade method (such as SFTP or LOCAL) or use different FTP server software. The problem with the FTP server software is that it returns back a negative size value when CUC's FTP client issues a LIST FTP directive to the server. This causes CUC upgrade software to believe the size of the file is much larger than it really is and it causes the software to think there is not enough disk space to contain the file. The negative size value is most likely due to the fact that the FTP server software cannot deal with file characteristics where the file size is >2GB. CUC development has noticed this in CUC software since files of that size are not commonly downloaded using FTP.

Iris,

spot on. SFTP Works just fine.

Thanks for your response.

Chris

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I had this problem and it was a pain. I had to use SFTP to make it work. I dont understand why it would work this way, but not another way.

There is probably plenty of space, it's just barking for whatever reason.

But I used SFTP and then it worked fine. go figure

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: